Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] NT Passwors Cracking

From: Conor Crowley <conor_crowley () HOTMAIL COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:53:39 -0800

It would be much easier if you had physical access. (Even just a
walk-by/stick in a floppy in/hit reset/come back 3 minutes later/remove
floppy/hit reset)....or some way of loading alternate OS (script a quite
install of remote control software..?, then using boot-magic/partition magic
& other OS, you could do this remotely, but make sure you test the hell out
of it!! otherwise you could easily end up with a hung machine. Also SYSKEY
has an option to require a floppy, which if enabled, is going to cause you
problems in the remote scenario).

Anyway, if this is possible, check http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Otherwise http://razor.bindview.com/publish/advisories/adv_WinNT_syskey.html

..and find a good programmer.