Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Database of service output

From: Arturo Busleiman <buanzox () USA NET>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 04:01:34 -0300

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Dave Cowen wrote:

Hi,
Hi!!

    We are working on a project to modify popular scanners to detect
services by their service output <if available> rather than trusting their
port assignment.
what about checking the nmap+V patch? I imagine you have already done so,
but just in case.

*> INFUSION: Alternative Punk-Pop - http://members.xoom.com/sysfork/
*> MP OnLine? EL BBS? FeedBack? -> System Fork!!! 4799-2510 TLD 24hs
*> Lista social de mail. Envia e-mail en blanco a lsb-subscribe () egroups com
*> Panic? My kernel doesn't panic! We are doomed! DustDustDust!!!!