Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Common Vulverabilities and Exposures (CVE)

From: c0ncept <c0ncept () HUSHMAIL COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 12:05:03 -0800

        I've actually been working on a simialer project -- creating a database of
advisories, exploits, tools and vendor documentation relavent to security
and networking. I've been using SQL Server 2000 as the devlopment platform,
but I'm not using anything SQL Server specific (ie. the structure of the
database should be easily ported to any RDBMS).
        The goal of the project to provide all of this information in a way that is
*easily* searchable for relevent information -- prompted by what I percieve
as the inadequecy of what currently exsists (sorry security focus, sorry
packetstorm -- you guys just don't offer enough fields to search, and
searches have a habit of returning to much noise).
        Once the database is constructed, It could be used as the back-end of an
Expert System geared twords security, with an embeddable client that could
be included in security-auditing programs.
        So far, it's just been me hacking away on my SQL server whenever I have
free time; If anybody else would like to help with the project, email me off
the list, and I'll set up something a little more formal.

        --c0ncept
        c0ncept () hushmail com