Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Professional use keylogger

From: "Alex G." <ogxela () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:32:43 -0700 (PDT)

Mike Tierney <miket () marketview co nz> wrote:

I once heard about Linux detecting one variety of hardware
keylogger...

Is that possible?

Well, it looks like *some* sort of detection is going on:

$ dmesg |grep -i keyboard
input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0

That's through a KVM switch, so it's probably more generic than if I'd
booted the machine with the keyboard plugged in directly.

Anyone want to try that with a hardware keylogger installed?

--Alex