Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: SQL injection

From: "Leandro Reox" <lmet5on () fibertel com ar>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 06:43:50 -0200

Good Point Todd, I think everybody here agree that the first countermeasure
for SqlInjections attack is "Secure Programming". Badcoding will be your
worst enemy at the time when "that kid insert a ' in your login form".
There's no perfect appliance for this kind of attack and maybe hours of
customizing sigs don't worth it. Most of SqlI attackers will give up after
tipyng a fews " ' 'OR 1=1-- , I say most of them, because theres a lot of
good SqlI practicioners out there.
Like Todd says "nothing is 100% secure" so wellcoded web apps + good sigs
based detections + good db diagramming + a lot of conscience makes a nice
combo.

Cheers !