Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: brute-force with tsgrinder

From: "Flavio Toledo" <flavio.toledo () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 15:22:00 -0300

try hostname\\account
pay attention to double backslash

[]´s
Flavio Toledo

On 17 Aug 2006 22:14:53 -0000, nfanelli () empire edu <nfanelli () empire edu> wrote:
For those of you who are familiar with TSGRINDER, I would appreciate your help.

I having trouble compromising my remote machines.  The target devices are on a domain. I have the username
(Local\Administrator) and typed the current password into the dictionary file (Wordlist.txt).  Then open a cmd-line,
browse to my executable and type the following string:

tsgrinder.exe -w wordlist.txt -b -n 1 -D 8 192.168.x.x

A RDP session opens and attempts the passwords within my dictionary (the correct password is third down on my list) but when it
trys the right password it responds with a "Failed"??

I checked the local administrator account to verify it was not locked out.  Not sure what else to try??

Any help is appreciated!

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.
http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php