Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: brute-force with tsgrinder

From: jetzmaru <chrys.thorsen () comcast net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 12:35:38 -0700 (PDT)

I'm having the same problem as Nicholas.  The computer is in a workgroup, so
I put the machine name in as domain.  The correct password still fails.  I
only put in the username, using -d to put in the computer name:  tsgrinder
-w passlist.txt -d testxp -u chrys -b -n 2 192.168.0.2

Please help!  Thanks so much!

Nicholas Fanelli wrote:

For those of you who are familiar with TSGRINDER, I would appreciate your
help.

I having trouble compromising my remote machines.  The target devices are
on a domain. I have the username (Local\Administrator) and typed the
current password into the dictionary file (Wordlist.txt).  Then open a
cmd-line, browse to my executable and type the following string:

tsgrinder.exe -w wordlist.txt -b -n 1 -D 8 192.168.x.x

A RDP session opens and attempts the passwords within my dictionary (the
correct password is third down on my list) but when it trys the right
password it responds with a "Failed"??

I checked the local administrator account to verify it was not locked out.
Not sure what else to try??

Any help is appreciated!

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.
http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php