Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Tutorial on Wireless packet sniffing

From: Joey Peloquin <joeyp () cotse net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 17:22:07 -0500

Michael Painter wrote:
From the "Set your watch back 24 years" department:

PUBLISHED BY
NEIGHBORHOOD NETWORK WATCH
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
WASHINGTON, DC 20528

How To Sniff Network Traffic
Neighborhood Network Watch Home Network Awareness Program
[snip]
The saddest part of this is people believe it is real. Discussion on the 'net is _validating_ this kook's bs on the basis that "it comes from THE dhs site". I've got two words for the ignorant in this country - DOT GOV.

My question is, WTH hasn't the DHS gone after this guy? The absurdity of the government sanctioning civilian, warrant-less packet inspection and analysis is beyond even the current administration.

Michael - shoot me the number for your chiropractor ;)

-jp

--
"Companies will say, "We can Web 2.0ify your existing applications in 15 minutes - we've got a wrapper". These people are charlatans, and you should punch them in the face. They are taking your back-end database tiers and moving them to the perimeter." - Billy Hoffman, HPSW Security Labs