Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Kaseya

From: "M.B.Jr." <marcio.barbado () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 09:12:56 -0300

Dear Dante,
thank you for this elucidation.

The MSP-side resembles a Unix-like Syslog functionality, when it works
with netdump "agents" (installed in remote hosts).

Thank you,

On 5/24/08, Dante Lanznaster <dantecl () gmail com> wrote:
We use Kaseya monitoring at our company (MSP) and the way it works is:

- 1 server with the Kaseya main center at our facility
- each monitored device (desktop or server) has an agent installed.

There is no need to open any ports on the customer side. The agent pokes out
to the internet and makes a connection with the data center. There is only
one port that needs to be opened on the firewall at the data center. So far
haven't heard of any vulnerabilites involving Kaseya.