Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Internal Penetration Testing

From: "Mark van der Meulen" <mark () envisagetech net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:12:44 +0800

Have you read any books on Ethical hacking/Penetration Testing yet? If not, I suggest firstly you read "Gray Hat
Hacking" by Shon Harris, Alan Harper. The only actual exploiting it really deals with is Linux based, but it give you a
greater insight into pen testing and how it should be performed. It's also an easy read. Then once you have completed
it, then try some material more specific to the actual hardware and software that you are dealing with.

Just my personal opinion from experience.

Regards,

MARK VAN DER MEULEN
Systems Engineer

Email:    mark () envisagetech net