Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: CEH or OSCP?

From: Leandro Quibem Magnabosco <leandro.magnabosco () fcdl-sc org br>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:01:25 -0200

Danux escreveu:
Always the same question from newbies!!! Dont feel that, I asked the
same long time ago.

If you wanna learn hundred of security tools go for CEH.
If you wanna learn how to crete basic hacking tools go for OSCP.

If you are a beginner definitely OSCP is not for you.
I consider myself a beginner.
Wouldn't I learn something from OSCP anyway?
Is it *that hard* that beginners would not be able to learn enough to make it valuable?

What do you guys think?