Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Java keystore password storage

From: Nash <nash () solace net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:47:36 +0100

Well, you have provided very little useful information about the
application and its threat model. So, knowing what to suggest is
difficult. Can you say more?

FWIW, we used to use the old C function memfrob to obscure passwords
in code when we couldn't avoid putting them there. At least that way
the strings command didn't find them. Didn't help much if your hackers
had read the HHGTTG, though.

-nash