Secure Coding mailing list archives

re-writing college books - erm.. ahm...

From: ge at linuxbox.org (Gadi Evron)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 03:07:37 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006, Crispin Cowan wrote:
Gadi Evron wrote:
Nothing is ever easy, but we have to start somewhere. I don't see why this
is a bad idea. Yes, it takes time. Yes, it will have a much bigger impact.

It is not a bad idea. But it clearly is not sufficient. Why are you

Now we're talking.

Not sufficient I am game with. Nothing ever is, it is one more thing to
do.

assuming that it is not already being tried? The problem is that
it is

I am assuming most higher education institutions in the world do not have
it done.

being tried with the usual degree of effectiveness, i.e. unevenly.
Saying "lets try it" is redundant, because that is already going on,
just not enough. To make it more, one would have to convince the people
who are currently not doing it, or doing it badly, to do better, and
they (by definition) are not listening.

Okay, than let's make some progress:
1. Where and who is currently involved with doing this?
2. What are they doing?
3. Can we use their experience to make it a larger success?
4. How do we begin doing something large-scale?

        Gadi.

Crispin

--
Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.                      http://crispincowan.com/~crispin/