Secure Coding mailing list archives

Where Does Secure Coding Belong In the Curriculum?

From: andrews at rbacomm.com (Brad Andrews)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:23:04 -0500

I had proofs in junior high Geometry too, though I do not recall using
them outside that class.  I went all the way through differential
equations, matrix algebra and probability/statistics and I don't
recall much focus on proofs.  This was in the early 1980s in a good
school (Illinois), so it wasn't just modern teaching methods that were
too blame.  I am not sure that the proofs were all that useful for
understanding some things either, though the logic they taught has
value that I missed a bit of since I did hit some modern techniques.

--

Brad Andrews
RBA Communications