Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Exits Mysteriously

From: Pontus Joakimsson <jpontus () ess nec de>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:32:20 +0200

Hi,

  Had that problem too... with several beta versions including the latest I
  compiled, 1.8.1-beta5 build 60. (I submitted this a couple of days ago
  to this list, but it never arrived I think.)

  It allways died around 10:00 CEST (european time), so I tried a new
  approach... I runned snort with nobody/nogroup (ie. not root) and so
  far it havent bailed.

  Im running Suse 7.1 on a NEC Versa Lite FX.

Best Regards,
  Pontus Joakimsson