Snort mailing list archives

RE: Acid 0.9.6bx Portscan problem

From: "Stefan Dens" <sdens () ovam be>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:09:30 +0200

"** Remove the # before the "output database: log, mysql, user=snort
dbname=snort host=localhost" to activate MySQL. "
to get snort to log to the MySQL DB.  OK.  I did that, and Snort does
indeed
log to the MySQL DB.

If this is working than you only have to change:
output database: log, mysql, user=snort ......
into
output database: alert, mysql, user=snort .......

the portscans will only be logged to the database with "alert".

enjoy,
Stefan Dens