Snort mailing list archives

RE: Professionalism

From: David Kurtz <dkurtz () pwarchitects com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:58:16 -0600

Joe,
        I disagree on this "..not help[ing] the noble cause that is snort."
I find jokes like this help attract like minded individuals who may actually
contribute to the project. In fact this classification has been posted to
this list before with no mention of this little entry being offending.  When
I found it in the files I got a chuckle, and removed it as I do not believe
in draconian procedures of monitoring _explicit_ material.
I echo Brian's sentiments on this being something done by individuals for
fun in the Open Source community.  I am very thankful that they find such
programming enjoyable for it is beyond my present talents.  Do scour the
source of many projects and you will see similar fun in them.  As Brian said
"Pokes and prods are part of the game".
You seem to not like it enough to mention it, but yet you seem to prefer
using "free" tools to get your job done.  So just edit it, leave your
personal views/beliefs out and be done with it.

Loosen up... All work and no play make Homer something, something...

BTW - I am thirty and plan to remain "recently-pubescent" for as log as I
can, thank you very much.

-Dave