Snort mailing list archives

Errors restarting snort

From: Ed Kasky <ed () esson net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:06:02 -0800

I am running Version 1.8.2 on a RedHat 6.0 machine using the following:

snort -u snort -D -c /usr/local/snort/snort.conf  -A fast -l /var/log/snort.

When I restart snort for whatever reason, I get the following error for every line in every rule it seems:

Dec 13 13:54:03 yoda snort: ERROR /usr/local/snort/icmp-info.rules(73) => Bad Priority setting "misc-activity"

I am using the most current rules from snort.org and have not done any tweaking.

Any suggestions are appreciated...

Ed

~~
Ed Kasky
Los Angeles, CA
Two wrongs do not make a right; it usually takes three or more.