Snort mailing list archives

Re: New to snort

From: "Bruno Gimenes Pereti" <pereti () ump edu br>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 09:18:45 -0300

Hi Johnno,

If the problem is the log use this configuration in apache for stop loging
this attempts. It's from Scott from the linuxsecurity list.

SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI "^/scripts/"  nolog
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI "^/msadc/"    nolog
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI "^/_vti_bin/" nolog
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI "^/_mem_bin/" nolog
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI "^/c/winnt/"  nolog
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI "^/d/winnt/"  nolog
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI "^/default.ida" nolog
Redirect gone /scripts/
Redirect gone /msadc/
Redirect gone /_vti_bin/
Redirect gone /_mem_bin/
Redirect gone /c/winnt/
Redirect gone /d/winnt/
Redirect gone /default.ida

Now add "env=!nolog" to the end of your CustomLog directive, like this:

CustomLog /usr/local/apache/logs/access_log common env=!nolog

Hope this helps...

Bruno Gimenes Pereti.