Snort mailing list archives

About distributed portscans

From: Mamata Desai <mamata () cse iitb ac in>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:54:29 +0530

Hello all,

I am a graduate student and as part of my final project, was thinking of
implementing a distributed portscan detector. I believe snort portscan
detector detects one->one and one->many portscans, and there is work
going on to build the many->one and the many->many modules.

I would like to work on something like that. Could anybody provide me
with some guidance/suggestions as to how I should proceed ? I wud like
to know what are the 'to do's in this area, so that I can focus my work
efforts and help contribute in some way.

--
Mamata Desai
Final year, M.Tech, CSE Department, IIT Bombay