Snort mailing list archives

Re: Classification config

From: Brian <bmc () snort org>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:02:38 -0500

According to Roberto Suarez Soto:
      My puzzling comes when I see that now, a CodeRed v2 access has
priority 1. That's ok with the new classification, but if we look the old one
we see that it's only "unknown traffic", instead of "attempted-user" or
"attempted-admin" (as I think it should be). I usually filter alerts by
priority, beginning in priority 2 or 3; and with the new classifications, I'd
be missing very important stuff.

Well, I announced it.  Nobody responded... so I am doing the
priorities how I see fit.  Since we are currently in the process of
moving the signatures to the new classification system, the priorites
assosiated with signatures that havnt been updated are kinda wack.

      Sorry if this has been issued in another mail or place O:-) Any "RTFM"
indication pointing to appropiate sources would be gladly appreciated.

Actually, this was discussed on snort-sigs (and -users IIRC)

-brian

--
To err is human.  To really fsck things up requires a computer.