Snort mailing list archives

Re: missing declaration makes 1.8.6 to segfault

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 11:46:37 -0400

Federico Lombardo wrote:
I've discovered that is you wrote this rule:
rulename $VAR1 any -> $VAR2 any if you don't declare $VAR1 snort returns an error,
if you don't declare $VAR2 snort segfaults.

I have been unable to reproduce the segfault locally from the described parameters. Can you provide more details to help us locate the problem? Specifically, I would like an exact copy of the configuration that causes Snort to segfault and information about which OS and hardware the problem was observed on.

Thank you,

Andrew