Snort mailing list archives

will barnyard output full detail for alert?

From: "Michael Scheidell" <security () fdma com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:41:40 -0400

I currently log full detail from snort->mysql like this:
output database: alert, mysql, dbname=snort user=snort host=localhost \
 detail=full sensor_name=LAN

and I thought I would replace it with barnyard to decouple the database from
snort.
I noticed that the default for the log_acid_db had detail full, but that was
missing on alert_acid_db

I added it it, but it does not seem to send the full detail to acid.

Also, I defined interface as "LAN" (and it shows up in barnyard -v -v -v -R)
but it does not send that to mysql db (best I can tell)

--

Michael Scheidell
SECNAP Network Security, LLC