Snort mailing list archives

RE: WEB-ATTACKS id command attempt

From: "Gray . Brendan" <bgray2 () drc com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:39:01 -0400

I have a similiar strange issue with that sig.  My server is showing up as a
source of the alerts, but when I check the payload, it shows my server being
the target of a nimda attack, from which my server responds with a "403"
access forbidden" (my servers restrict who can view them by IP address).

It alarms me to see my server as the source of an attack, but it seems it
isn't really the source.  I'm running Snort 1.8.3-5 (red hat rpm). I wonder
why my server is showing up as a source, when all its doing is replying with
a 403.

Brendan