Snort mailing list archives

RE: Syslog Coughs?

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:50:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Chris Eidem wrote:

What I failed to point out was that the syslog has a "hiccough" in it,
the USR1 call starts to dump the info to the log then, about five lines
into it, starts dumping it again.  Herein lies the rub:

Gotcha.  I see your issue now....

[...snip...]

I can say I've never seen that.  What kind of background do we have on this?

        OS?
        Hardware?
        Snort Version?
        Since this is scripted, what/how does the script do?

The thing that I find odd about this is that no one else is reporting this.
That factor alone makes me think that it's something with your config.  No,
I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just talking 'law of averages'.   :)

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy
TheAdamsFamily.Net