Snort mailing list archives

RE: spam

From: "McCammon, Keith" <Keith.McCammon () eadvancemed com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:11:26 -0500

Pretty sure moronic is a word.  I've been using here at the office for years :)

Anyway, using the same sender and recipient is a pretty old spammer trick, if you can even call it that.  However, most
SMTP gateways are capable of filtering out this type of garbage.  Look into your gateway's filtering capability, or
that of you mail server's AV software, and I bet you can find a simple way to knock that stuff down...

Cheers

Keith