Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problems with graphs in ACID

From: joe () onshore com
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:51:23 -0600 (CST)

I believe ACID 0.9.6b22 has moved from phplot to jpgraph as the default
graphing library.  I used phplot initially but when i upgraded to 0.9.6b22 i
had to install jpgraph.  The jpgraph setup is pretty uninvolved it requires
just extracting the archive and copying the files to a folder under your acid
dir.  You then need to edit jpgraph.php to setup the package.  Also you should
manually set the image type to jpeg from auto in jpgraph.php and acid_conf.php
Quoting Helder Rocha <hrocha () da-telecom com>:

Hello all,

I'm new using the Snort and I have installed it following the procedures
in
the PDF document "Snort Installation Manual - Snort, MySQL and ACID on
Redhat 7.3"

I've downloaded the source code for the following apps/libs:
Snort 1.9.0
ADODB 2.50
ACID 0.9.6b22
PHPLot 4.4.6

The Apache, PHP, MySQL and GD were already intalled by RPM packages.

After a successfull install of all the mentioned apps, the option
"Graph
Alert Data" in ACID shows me the following error message:
Error loading the Graphing library: from "../phplot/jpgraph.php"

It says also that I must intall the JPGraph library although it's not
mentioned in the doc.

I have checked the variable $ChartLib_path in the acid_conf.php and it
points to the "../phplot" as it should be

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Helder Rocha
hfprocha () gmx net