Snort mailing list archives

Re: What are folks doing for alerting

From: "Distribution Lists" <dist-lists () e-securenetworks net>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:11:55 -0600 (CST)

I've been using swatch for a while now.
It basically 'tails' the alert log looking for keywords like 'PORTSCAN',
etc... and then will execute a shell script. This way I can send alerts to
an email address or even a pager or cell phone that is email enabled.

Regards

I was just curious what people are doing for alerting, if any...

Acid is working great but would like to get a email when a box starts
spewing code red for instance...

Thanks

Regards,