Snort mailing list archives

Snort with 2 eth

From: David Alonso De La Vega Tapage <delavegad () bancoaliado com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:48:39 -0500

Hi for all again ..

I'm not sure maybe do something wrong, but in my RH box when run snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf asume the eth1 as the right nic .. my eth1 is my internal nic .. and eth0 is the sniffing nic and no have ip .. stay up .. but cant run snort with it ..

What I need to configure, to snort use my eth0  to snort .. ?

in snort.conf have ethaddress parameter ... but as my eth0 not have IP don't need to configure ntohing here right?

well thanx for all suggestions .. and links .. !

Thanx in advance ..

David Alonso