Snort mailing list archives

Re: Changing the admin password for SnortCenter

From: Erick Mechler <emechler () techometer net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:07:33 -0800

:: The problem is that I am locked out of the SnortCenter, I never have
:: sucessfully logged in.  I tried username of admin and password of change
:: with no luck as per the instructions in the document from Steven J.

Login to your DB using root privs and update the password field in the
snortcenter.users with your new MD5 password:

  use snortcenter;
  UPDATE users SET password='newmd5password' WHERE username='admin';

Cheers - Erick