Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort problems

From: Adam Kennedy <akennedy () niesc k12 in us>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:21:23 -0500

I've confirmed that if I compile snort 1.9.1 with flexresp support, it croaks with a segfault. If you compile without flexresp support, it works fine. I'm using Libnet 1.0.2a, snort 1.9.1, and kernel 2.4.20-ac2 along with iptables 1.2.7a

Any ideas? I'd like to use snort to thwart off people via chat.rules and p2p.rules (Kids shouldn't be using it at school)

Any ideas at all? Or should I try to just use firewall rules for it? I'd rather not since that can result in a very large list of rules.

--
| Northern Indiana Educational Services Center |
| Adam Kennedy - akennedy () niesc k12 in us      |