Snort mailing list archives

RE: Bandwidth measurements and correlations

From: "Jan van den Berg" <jan () e-commercepark com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:08:20 -0400

This is something I am really interested in too.

What is the bandwidth when Snort starts dropping packets?

I read in "Network Intrusion Detection An Analyst's Handbook" on page 35
that it fairly common for an IDS to drop packets... "at some point, the
sensor has to start dropping packets" ....

So what are Snorts limitations considering bandwidth in correlation with
hardware?

Regards,

Jan van den Berg