Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort 2.0 rc1 Observations

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:34:55 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Slighter, Tim wrote:

I also experienced the exact same issues along with the other that I
mentioned but nobody has responded on yet.

It appears that none of the "config" statements in snort.conf work with this
new rc1 such as
config: disable_decode_alerts
config: disable_ttcp_alerts

Solution is:  take out the colon

config disable_decode_alerts
config disable_ttcp_alerts

The config: disable_ipopt_alerts does not seem to work with or without the
colon

There never has been a setup for "config: <foo>".  It's always been
"config foo[:] <possible options>" [0]

Yes, we'll stand up and take our twenty lashes for placing it wrong in the
config file.  :)  Everyone can err, it's just a matter of when.  :)

Tim, I've got a private followup to you headed your way...

-----
Erek Adams

[0]     http://www.snort.org/docs/writing_rules/chap2.html#tth_sEc2.1.3