Snort mailing list archives

postgres schema error

From: "Martin A. Brooks" <martin () clues ltd uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:38:32 +0100

Hi

I've been attempting to install snort on a Debian system and have it log to postgres. I had a look at the schema before creating the tables and I noticed this:

CREATE TABLE schema ( vseq        INT4     NOT NULL,
                      ctime       DATETIME NOT NULL,
                      PRIMARY KEY (vseq));

Postgres 7.3.2 does not have a DATETIME data type, I believe it uses "timestamp" instead. So a simple :%s/DATETIME/TIMESTAMP/g cosmetically fixes the problem.

Would anyone care to confirm/deny this is the case?

Regards

Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/