Snort mailing list archives

RE: ACID installation woes

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:17:15 -0700

Jim,

Change the ports back, get the IDS running then start modifying it.

There are several places the port has to be specified (acid.conf.php,
snort.conf, my.ini). To check the MySQL connection, Telnet to the port
(telnet <ip> <port>) and you should get a good connection, not a connection
refused. Make sure that any firewall has the specified port open.

Cheers...

-Michael Steele
--
 System Engineer / Security Support Technician
 mailto:michaels () winsnort com