Snort mailing list archives

RE: ACID/mysql/snort install

From: "Francois CONTAT" <Francois.CONTAT () fr tiscali com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:32:37 +0200

flush privileges?
password incorrect?
-----Message d'origine-----
De : D@7@K|N& [mailto:dataking () cox net]
Envoyé : jeudi 19 juin 2003 15:39
À : snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net; snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Objet : [Snort-users] ACID/mysql/snort install

OK...maybe this has been answered already and I missed it.  If so, please indulge me as I would really like to get this
system up and running.  I followed the steps according to the HOW-TO at the following link:
http://www.madisonlinux.org/help/snort.shtml.  Except that I'm setting this up on a RedHat 9 system with all of the
newest package instead of the ones listed.  Basically everything went off without a hitch EXCEPT the snort RPMs.  I
couldn't find them anywhere.  So I downloaded and installed the newest release (2.0.0) from tarball.  Now obviously
there are some options that aren't available because of the version differences, which I can accept.  However, once
everything is said and done, I get an access denied error when I try it out.  I've enclosed a screenshot for clarity.
Is this a database issue?  A snort issue?  A mysql issue?  Can anyone help????

Thanks....

-the dataking