Snort mailing list archives

Re: Session statistics

From: Andreas Östling <andreaso () it su se>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:59:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, John Creegan wrote:

I've searched the mail list archives and the snort website looking for
the tool I need, and have not yet found it.  Before I go off and create
this tool, I'd like to know if there already is a tool which can take
advantage of the session.log data to tell me:
     1. Who the top talkers are
     2. Where the hotspots on the network are.

It doesn't use session.log data, but it sounds like you need Argus.
It can do the above things and much, much, much more.
http://www.qosient.com/argus/
or recent snapshots at ftp://ftp.qosient.com/dev/argus-2.0/

/Andreas