Snort mailing list archives

Re: Cant see alert for rule

From: Jeff Coppock <jcoppock1 () comcast net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:19:45 -0700

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:37:04 -0700
"Tom Fulton" <tfulton9909 () comcast net> wrote:

I pulled out my Linksys switch and put in an old 10/100 5-port
workgroup hub.  Same problem.

Any one have any ideas?

10/100 hubs actually have a switch between the 10Mbps segment and the
100Mbps segment to provide connectivity between them.  So,  if the snort
box is on a different speed link than the other PC's, the snort box will
still not see any of the traffic between the other two PC's.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock            Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian          Admin and User