Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rule References in BASE

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:11:00 -0400

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 17:18, Nick Hatch wrote:
I've got an annoying problem I'm hoping someone knows the solution to.

I've been using BASE for a while, the line that lists the triggered
signature, eg "url[snort
<http://www.snort.org/snort-db/sid.html?sid=2001011>] BLEEDING-EDGE Worm
Zincite Probing port 1034" doesn't make the url references show up in a
clickable form. With bleeding snort rules, this is critical because the
[snort] link doesn't work at all due to the rules being unofficial.

I've poked around the Snort/BASE DB in the tables which deal with the
references, but I don't see anything obvious.

Anyone else seeen this? Any tips to getting URL references to work would
be great.

-Nick

Hi-

What version of BASE are you running?  0.9.9 has a fix from Joel Esler
that should correct this problem.  If it isn't working for you, I would
like to look into the issue because I agree that those need to work!

Thanks
Kevin
BASE Project Lead
The next step in IDS analysis!