Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rule References in BASE

From: Nick Hatch <nick () restek wwu edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:20:28 -0700

Kevin Johnson wrote:

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 17:18, Nick Hatch wrote:
[...]

Anyone else seeen this? Any tips to getting URL references to work would be great.

-Nick

Hi-

What version of BASE are you running?  0.9.9 has a fix from Joel Esler
that should correct this problem.  If it isn't working for you, I would
like to look into the issue because I agree that those need to work!

Thanks
Kevin

We're running 0.9.7.2 (dhara) from CVS. Our version of BASE was updated today, but it didn't appear that .99 was in CVS yet. (None of the files were tagged as being part of that release, and the frontend still reports 0.9.7.2.)

If this problem is corrected in 0.9.9, I'll snag it as soon as I can and give it a shot. Nice work! I had a really hard time describing what made BASE different from ACID at first ("Uhhh, it forked, and stuff..."), but now the difference is obvious.

-Nick