Snort mailing list archives

Re: problems with barnyard, snort and mysql

From: Kevin Smith <kjsmith () tm net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:24:08 -0500

Hey Marek,

Yes, I tried that fix as well. Still recieved the same error. Could it be the version of Perl I am running? I am starting to think that it is the configure script, but I don't see anything in there that wouldn't allow it to work. I was able to get it installed on my home machine without any problems(same install of mempis), I am going to try the configure script at home on my machine in the office. I will let you guys know what is up.

Kevin

Marek Simon wrote:

I have similar problem on OBSD and I was found this advice:

original configure script:

 LIBS="${LIBS} -lz -lssl -lmysqlclient"

modified configure script:

 LIBS="${LIBS} -lz -lssl -lcrypto -lmysqlclient"

it work for me.
Marek