Snort mailing list archives

ACID Problems (here's your fix it)

From: Joel Esler <eslerj () rcert-s army mil>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:32:32 -0500

I know you are all going to think this is a plug for my team's project.
However, I hate to say this (not really) but..

If you all switch from ACID to BASE, 99% of the problems you report to
this Snort-Users Group will be fixed.

BASE requires very little setup (as little as ACID) and has a very
active development, and it works with your existing installed DB's!

If you have any questions regarding BASE, please contact
base () secureideas net  we'll be glad to help you out.

Fixes that I have read about recently:

1. Now that it is 2005, BASE will show 2005, and it will show every
year, for the rest of eternity (it autogens the date from  your systems
time)
2. Duplicate entry errors (saw some of these on the list earlier today),
BASE fixes the problem.
3. Broken Links and reading from DB improperly, BASE fixes that.

... and many more!

Joel Esler
BASE Developer