Snort mailing list archives

RE: ACID Dates

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:52:14 -0800

This is just my 2 cents; anyone using ACID should switch to BASE. The simple
reason is that ACID is no longer being developed and BASE is being actively
developed. BASE is an upgraded ACID and fixes some of the quirks that ACID
has been plagued with for the last few years.

For anyone running ACID it is now time to migrate to BASE. It's still one of
the very few free consoles that is not linked to any commercial affiliation.

If people want to try a little different type of console, they might want to
try Snortsnarf. It hasn't been serviced in a year or two but it works great
and does some things that BASE does not, and it's free.

Kindest regards,
Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management Team Member
--