Snort mailing list archives

Re: Broken snort rule

From: "Matt Olney" <molney () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 11:26:16 -0400

That would be a good idea, but in this case, 2.8 throws a fatal error:

Initializing rule chains...
ERROR: /home/molney/etc/rules/local.rules(14) => Empty IP used either as
source IP or as destination IP in a rule. IP list: [].
Fatal Error, Quitting..

So, you should at least be able to test that the rules load.

Matt