Snort mailing list archives

-A unsock

From: Jason Tomforde <jtomforde () live com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:46:18 -0400

Hi,

How does the GPL apply if I would like to receive a snort alert using the -A unsock output option?  In order to process
the message received over a socket, I need to know about the format of the message.  This is specified in the header
file for the output plugin (spo_alert_unixsock.h).  Does the GPL apply if I use the structure for the alert message
that is in the header file within the application receiving the message?

Thanks,
Jason.