Snort mailing list archives

so rules

From: "John York" <YorkJ () brcc edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:54:04 -0400

Hi

I followed the procedure in
snortrules-snapshot-CURRENT_s/so_rules/src/README to set up my so rules,
and everything appears to work fine.

It has me generate the stub files using
snort -c /usr/local/etc/snort/snort.conf
--dump-dynamic-rules=/usr/local/etc/snort/so_rules

However, I notice that snortrules-snapshot-CURRENT_s/so_rules already
contains a set of stub rules that look pretty similar to what I
generated.  Is there any reason I can't just dump the stub rules from
the tarball directly into my so_rules directory instead of generating
new ones?

Thanks
John