Snort mailing list archives

Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Snort Anomaly Detection

From: Andres Carrera Rivera <protoss_black88 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:01:28 -0500

  On 9/17/2010 8:43 AM, Bernhard Guillon wrote:
 On 17.09.2010 15:31, Andres Carrera Rivera wrote:

 Excellent! I did Exactly what you said, patch it inside the
 snort-2.8.6.X.
 Now my question is: how can I test if the PHAD Preprocessor is working?
 because, I don't see any configuration inside the snort.conf file.

 I run snort like: snort -dev -c ./snort.conf

 You need to add the configuration for spp_phad to snort.conf which I
 wrote in my other mail:

 #snort.conf
 preprocessor phad: training_time 446400

 The training time still is in seconds. For more information about the
 algorithm read the paper [1] of the original implementation.

 Best regards
 Bernhard Guillon

 1http://cs.fit.edu/~mmahoney/paper3.pdf

Ok. the time is in Seconds.
But when it finish the training mode, the PHAD will generate some
alerts?, when it find any anomalies?
thats what I dont know.

I put preprocessor phad:
training_time 446400

on the snort.conf file, but when running snort, I got this ERROR:
Unknown preprocessor: "phad"

snort, doesn't recognize PHAD?
How can I solve this problem..

Thanks,