Snort mailing list archives

Re: ERROR: Can't find pcap DAQ!

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:24:08 -0500

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Jonathan S. Abrams <
jonathansabrams () gmail com> wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.  I discovered that I need to run this command
to avoid the error message.

sudo snort -de -i en0 --daq-dir /usr/local/lib/daq

I took a look in the readme that comes with daq 0.6.2, and it is installed
where the readme says it would be.  Is it a problem that daq is installed
in /usr/local/lib/daq?  Will Snort not work without the option above in all
commands?  If this is a problem that will prevent Snort from working, what
is the best way to resolve it?

--daq-dir is not required if the static DAQ is built.  Your config.log will
probably have a clue as to why that wasn't built.

Thanks for reading!