Snort mailing list archives

Re: sid-msg.map and the new .rules files

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:53:26 -0400

On Oct 31, 2012, at 12:33 PM, JJC <cummingsj () gmail com> wrote:

sid-msg.map or gen-msg.map? the subject indicates one, while the body indicates the other.. that said sid-msg.map
seems to make the most sense.

Joel, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the expectation is that users generate their own sid-msg.map going
forward, this guarantees that local.rules etc.. are included in said sid-msg.map.  PulledPork natively does this, and
Oinkmaster includes a contrib script that does this.

You are correct.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT