Snort mailing list archives

Re: New install questions.

From: Heine Lysemose <lysemose () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 21:55:01 +0100

Hi Jake

1. Place the IDS on the inside of your firewall. I think one once said as
close the the clients as possible.

2. Plenty of both CPU and RAM. As much as the server can hold.

3. I encourage you to take a look at SecurityOnion,
http://securityonion.blogspot.com

/Lysemose
On Mar 6, 2013 9:46 PM, "Sallee, Stephen (Jake)" <Jake.Sallee () umhb edu>